Microwaves are very useful in the kitchen when we need to heat food fast. But, researchers claim that heating some foods can actually be very dangerous especially if you haven’t stored them properly. It may be hard to believe that some healthy foods, when reheated, may be a potential health hazard, but these healthy foods lose their nutrients after being warmed up again.
If you are already used to heating up your leftovers, remember that this is not always the healthiest option for some foods. It may be hard to believe that some healthy foods, when reheated, may be a potential health hazard, but these healthy foods lose their nutrients after being warmed up again. If you are already used to heating up your leftovers, remember that this is not always the healthiest option for some foods.
Spinach contains a substance that can be converted to ‘nitrosamines’, a substance that can cause illness when it is reheated via the microwave. A safer way is steaming or cooking.
Chicken is exceptionally dangerous when it is eaten one day after it has been prepared. It can cause digestive problems because the structure of the proteins changes the next day. This is a cause for concern because chicken contains more protein than red meat. Chicken meat must be eaten cold.
Warmed mushrooms present the highest risk to health. They should be eaten immediately after being prepared, or eaten cold the next day. When you eat warmed mushrooms, you put yourself in danger and you run the risk of having problems with digestion and even heart problems.
People usually use celery to prepare soup. Like spinach, celery also contains nitrates that convert to nitrites after being reheated. If you have made a soup with celery, you must either eat the whole pan of soup immediately, or remove the celery before heating the soup again. The same applies to carrots.
They may be a morning staple and protein powerhouse, but eggs should not be exposed to heat time and again. Reheating eggs at high temperatures (after they have been boiled or fried) can make them especially toxic and wreak havoc in your digestive tract.