Walking is simple, free and one of the easiest ways to get more active, lose weight and become healthier. Walk for at least 15 minutes every day. You don’t have to go to the gym – just walk. This will make a huge difference, and you’ll feel it. I remember when I started walking for 15-20 minutes a day when I was overweight.
It became an obsession, and I couldn’t wait to do it every day. I eventually got into running, but if it wasn’t for walking, and the amazing results it provided me, I probably wouldn’t be where I’m at today. You can try walking like a low-impact exercise which has numerous of benefits for our health. We have listed 9 of them below.
Health benefits of walking:
- Prevents diabetes
- Promotes weight loss
- Increases vitamin D levels
- Relieves pain
- Prevents the development of colon, breast, and lung cancer
- Strengthens heart
- Boosts mood
9 easy ways to walk more:
- Walk to work or school
- When taking public transit, get off a few stops before your destination
- Take the stairs instead of the elevators
- Park far away as opposed to the closest parking spot and then walk to wherever you’re going
- Go for a quick walk after lunch instead of just sitting around for the whole time
- Go for a walk right after dinner, you can make it a family event and have the whole family tag along
- Try “walk and talk” meetings at work
- Instead of sitting down and listening to a podcast, walk and listen to a podcast
- Walk your dog or walk with a friend or family’s dog
Therefore, give it a try and the effects will be notices really soon!